">thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Toddler beds and bottles?

I'm officially at war with myself. I am having the hardest time with the idea of putting Zoie in a toddler bed for many reasons and some of them are selfish ;/ Here's my train of thought. Zoie Does not attempt, nor has she ever attempted to climb out of her bed (Now that I let that out of the bag surely it will happen soon). She goes to bed so easily in her little cage and just calls for me in the morning when she wants out. Sometimes I can even turn on a "moo-moo" (movie) and she will lay there for another hour or two (so nice for mommy to sleep an extra hour). I am so afraid that if I switch her to a toddler bed she will roam around the house by herself. OK who are we kidding. I'm so afraid she will crawl in bed with me every night. I know this sounds bad. Don't get me wrong I DO love my little cuddle sessions with my favorite little person BUT as soon as she's passed out it's ME...Ashley... who doesn't get any sleep. I get little toes stuck in my nose, a foot in my eye, a headbutt(once she slammed her head down so hard I thought it broke my nose) and a full 2 year old stretched across my stomach like a baby lamb. Not to mention she thrashes, cries out, screams, calls my name, and speaks a different language when she is sleeping. I know this seems like an exaggeration but its not. People can vouch...SUSAN?! Alright I think I just made a decision. I'm not ready to put her in a toddler bed and It seems like she isn't either. Until she starts climbing out I don't think its going to hurt her by staying in a crib for a little longer.

Now onto the bottle! Where do I begin? Well many of my friends took bottles away at 1 year. I however have not. She only gets a bottle for naps and right before she goes to bed at night( yes, I am defending myself). It soothes her. I have tried many times (only because I forgot a bottle) to give her milk in a sippy cup and she refuses to drink it. The milk ends up going to waste unless I can find a bottle to pour it in. I figure, if this is the only way she will drink milk then so be it in a bottle. It's not hurting me, or you, or Zoie(some people/dentists will disagree). Here I go again defending myself. She has never been a pacifier girl AND she only has the bottle 2 times a day for less than 10 minutes so I don't see any harm in it. I know many people who took the bottle away and their kids don't touch milk anymore. I pray that this never happens! ThE EnD!

3 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Hi Ash!
Like I always say, we do what we gotta do to survive!!! Keep doing what you're doing Ash! You have great instincts and you know your little girl the most. You never have to feel defensive friend, you are a GREAT mom! She won't go to college with her bottle or her crib, I promise :)
But, Hayden does still stay in her big girl bed in the mmorning and call for me to come get her. It wasn't a guarantee that this would happen, but definitely a nice surprise :)
Love & miss you!!!

Joannah said...

I agree with Ali and you! Why are we in such a rush these days to make them grow up? It's not like she's gonna sleep in a crib or use a bottle til' she's 10! She's still so wittle so do what you need to do to make her little baby face happy and mama needs sleep!

Sally Jackson said...

Hey Ashley! I think I carried a bottle around with me til I was four! And hey--I turned out awesome!! lol
Just follow your Mama instincts and everything will turn out right!! I think that when we start comparing to what other people are doing, we are at war with ourselves. Can't wait to meet up with you guys at the beach someday and meet your Zoie baby.