">thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, July 8, 2011

4th Of July Fun!

This year we decided to do away with the bikes and keg and have more of a family/kid friendly BBQ. My day started at 5:50 A.M!! I was pretty upset about waking up this early without the help of an alarm clock. But when I looked down the street to see people staking out spots I figured I should go set one up too. After claiming my space, I grabbed a coffee and a chair and sat watching all the crazy marathon runners pass me by. Here are a few shots of my favorite weirdos







The parade was crazy and people kept creeping in on our space blocking the kids view. Once I put a stop to that we were good to go.


Loving her new red boots!

Joannah ans Teo
Love his sweet face


Simone-ie
An attempt to get all the kids in a picture.



Rayson & Scarlett


Proud to be an American!


Posing Zoie



Ray Ray & Ti Ti


The kids enjoying the parade


Lovely Simone




After the parade we headed back to the house for tasty beverages and a BBQ. Many friends stopped by on their bikes to hang out, say hi, and have a drink before they went on their way to the next party.

Mini Mason



Pool time!

Mister Mason



Yummy Watermelon(had to take the clothes off so the juice wouldn't get on them)



This girl and her poses!!


Joannah and I were able to escape for a relaxing drink at brew co:)


At 8 PM we headed down to the beach for the 30 minute firework spectacular. Only to find out Zoie was deathly afraid of them and clung to my neck like a monkey. She wouldn't even look at them she was that scared. Here are some attempts to capture the greatness of the light show. I can never quite figure out how to take pictures of fireworks. Do you have a trick?




Zoie and Addison before the frightening fireworks!

This isn't the greatest quality since she was trying to escape from the noise.



Kind of blurry but i likes the fire truck in the foreground

This was the best one out of 50 shots taken:(




All in all it was a great and mellow 4th of July. I have never slept so sound in my life after such a busy day. Hope yours was as fun as mine. XO

2 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Happy happy belated 4th!! We had a fun day too! We MUST get together soon, I'm having withdrawals!! xoxo

Joannah said...

Most fun 4TH w/kids so far! Thank you for hosting! xoxo