">thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Portable Crib Bedding! HELP!

I need all the mom's help. I have bought a portable crib which looks just like a standard crib just half the size. The only MAJOR problem I am having is finding this size bedding. NO ONE CARRIES IT! I have searched online and cannot seem to find anything there. I have seen it at a few places (bergstroms, USA baby, etc) But they usually only have 2 or 3 and they are so boring and plain. I mean what? portable cribs deserve ugly, organic, itchy, and only in solid khaki material. Worst case...I guess I could make it but would love to find something super adorable instead. Does anyone know where they carry portable crib bedding?

thank you

8 comments:

Joannah said...

Go to the swap meet today or next Sunday and have "The Baby Guy" make it for you. He is pretty quick from what I hear and affordable. I'm sure he can make you the size you need. I think there are a lot of custom bedding makers on ebay too that carry really cute fabrics.

Joannah said...

p.s. Or just get the plain bedding and dress it up. Buy cute sheets and pillows, stuffed animals, etc...seriously, it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Kara Ritter said...

I got a basic pink set at Babies-R-S but they don't really caring anything cute that I have seen. I think you should make it. Good Luck :) xo

Claudia said...

Ash, are you talking about a co-sleeper or a packnplay? maybe I Don't know what a portable crib is?

Ali Richardson said...

Go to www.thebabyguy.com . Their website isn't up and running yet, but you can e-mail the owner and ask him if they can make portable crib bedding. He has a booth at the OC swap meet and that's where I got Hayden's crib bedding set (really pretty). They do custom orders so I'm sure if you gave him the dimensions, he would be able to work with you on fabric selection, etc. Just a thought :)
Good Luck Ash! xoxoxo

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

I am not a mommy, but......here is a website that I happened upon.....
http://www.babybedding.com/portable-crib-bedding?gclid=CIPa0IiQ4pgCFRwDagod-3wrcw

They seem to have several cute ones - pink polka dots, damask, etc. :)

-Lisa

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

Although I'm not a mommy, I do see lots of cute choices here.....(pink and brown damask, polka dots, paisley, etc.)
http://www.babybedding.com/portable-crib-bedding?gclid=CLiYpPKx5JgCFQwxawodkBfvbA

xo - lisa

Lori said...

Hi Ashley,
I was going to suggest EBay. There are several shops that will custom make it for you with several (tons) fabric patterns, but I just read all the remarks from everyone and they've given you some great suggestions. If you don't find what you need and still need some help, let me know and I'll get you the names of the shops on Ebay. BTW ~ Congrats your gonna make a great mama!
Hugs,
Lori