">thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Showering Zoie

A group of us have been best friends since high school. Its crazy to think we have known each other for 15+ years. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful long lasting friends like you! The shower once again was great! We had great tea sandwhiches, appetizers made by chef Haley, yummy salads, mimosas, and a tasty cake from my favorite bakery The Great Dane!

Zoie got so many presents and just as I was getting close to the end my friend Cheryl yelled "omg theres a fire...a FIRE!" We looked over and saw a napkin in flames which caught the box full of shreded paper on fire that had haley's handmade letters in it. Everyone started screaming and noone really knew what to do. You would think that being a fireman's daughter i would have reacted quickly but i didn't. The only thing I managed to do was save the letters from the fire and hand the burning box to someone else. There were ashes and smoke everywhere. Thank god it didnt do damage to Sallie's newly remodeled house. I was seriously shaking after that. We had to take a break before finishing the rest of the presents.


Now that we can laugh about the fire I would like to thank all my girls, Joannah, Susan, Elishia, Stacey, Haley,Cathy, and Leila(thank you for making an appearance only days after delivering your baby boy). Also Thank you sallie for letting us use your home and almost burning it down. The flowers were beautiful.


Here are some of the decorations at the shower. The poem on the water bottle label was so sweet.











Ashley, Elishia, Joannah




Haley and Ash



Susan and Ash


Joannah do we have enough of these photos yet? :)


My friend Lily


I got Lei'd in California. Thank you for my surprise Susan and Sallie.


Once again the pregnant girls. (From left Ali due march 19th, Casey due March 11th, Me due april 28th, and Joannah due end of may.) 3 girls and 1 boy...He's a lucky little guy.


My sister and I


Childhood friend Stephanie and her son Mason


Ann Marie and her son Levi


Michelle and I squeezing poor Ava.


The girls, minus a few that had to leave.

2 comments:

Stopnik Family said...

Looks like you had a great time Ashley! Zoie is going to be so lucky to have you as a mom! Wish we didn't live in opposite sides of the US. ;) I can't wait to see pictures when she is born. Aren't blogs great???

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun at your shower.. I had 5 mimosas and had a blast! Love you.. can't wait to meet Zoie- Lily Star